Friday 24 July 2009

Almost Cute



Yesterday's workshops were fun..and I told Angie I'd post the cards when we'd done the workshops..so here they are. Shopkeeper Gal and I listed the workshop as 'Almost Cute' on the schedule. Because there are a bunch of cute stamps around that I'm really attracted to, but I don't really do cute very well; believe it or not, it causes me stress. And that's not a word that crops up in my life very often; after all, I'm married to a man who totally understands that his life and mine are all about me!


I expect it's a personality trait really - I don't expect many of the people who've met me would attribute 'cute' as a genre to me or my life...but I have friends (I do too) who can produce lovely cards that make me coo with delight at their cuteness. Strange that I can't copy that. Equally, I can't do the Shabby chic look so mastered by Tim Holtz and Ranger addicts. I've said before that one of the reasons is that it's like asking me to work in seven shades of wee wee, and I think it really is a colour thing in the final analysis.
I can't do pastel-y stuff too well in terms of colouring either, and I'm attracted by big bright colours like a moth to the light. Still, I manage to force myself into trying, and yesterday no-one asked for their money back or moaned at my inability, so I guess I'm fooling some of the people some of the time!

12 comments:

Angie said...

Yep they ARE cute ... my fav for a cute award is the first one ... but then No 3 is so cute too. I'm afraid you now have to admit ...you can do CUTE.lol
I think you may have worked out your prob with 'cute' re colours ...these are not too pastel. You should try bright and cute and see what emerges ... cant wait. xx

Teresa said...

So long as we are fooling then Hunny, thats a good bonus :)

If I can come away with a feeling that I have made anyone want to do me physical damage I am happy :)


Cute? Course you now d cute! Love the post box one
.

Unknown said...

Well you got me fooled ... from where I am sitting you do cute really really well!

Carmen said...

These are sooooo cute. I'm with Angie - I love the top one. I think it must be a colour thing - I am leaning towards total need of some of the Gorjuss stamps because they are cute but in a slightly rocked up goth way. But have seen people do those in all pastels too and they look so different so it's definitely a perception thing. What we see as cute other people might see as totally odd ;)

Have you coloured these with the felt pens you mentioned? So clever - how did you get that effect on the pillar box?

Emilie said...

Those cards are sooooo cute!!! can't believe you doubt that!!! love them!

Lyn said...

What do you mean you don't do cute??? I have every confidence in a woman of your calibre! Those cards are dead cute, not just almost cute!

I have to say I love the middle one the best - yummy - cos for some very strange reason I find that other character ummmmm.... unusual

Enfys said...

These pass the cute test - I think it's great that you have your own style and do your own thing, your cards are lovely
hugs
En x

Myzdamena said...

Ooh I love those cards... and yes you definitely can do cute...so there! hehe ... I love Fairy Doodles but have resisted the stamps so far and have just bought 2 sheets of decoupage but... the pillar box one does sort of lend itself to Christmas....doesn't it?... someone tie me down!!! hehe xxx

voodoo vixen said...

I swear we are sisters separated at birth! I don't think I do cute either and as much as I would love to do the Sir Tim thing, my stuff always looks like I have been playing in mud puddles...

Ayesha said...

hey chicka the bubbas is basically my bubs lol my kiddies and im there lime so like the zest of a lemon im my bubbaslime its a nickname i picked up after the birth of sama and love it lol

jay670120 said...

The green oriental card is sooooo beutiful . I wish i could make cards half as nice xxx

Julie said...

Really cute cards - Love them.