Sunday 4 April 2010

Got Chocolate?

Actually, yes I have. And this morning at least, a bit of sunshine going on - which makes my lovely gauche and garish Easter decorations look bright and well, gauche and garish. Which makes me very happy!

We have a rash of birthdays over this weekend and I thought you might like to see what I did for my father in law. Let me shock you out of roast lunch and chocolate overload....I did a decoupage card for him! I know! I'm so impressed with myself; patience, glasses, scissors, daylight - it all came together and before I knew it, Mr Dunnit was saying not to add anything to it as it was completely 'of its time'. Grandpa Dunnit was a real sportsman in his youth and this 1950s comic cover is perfect. I printed it off the Men's Travel and Sport DVD from the Crafthouse Press. It's a bit frightfully Enid Blyton, but I know he'll like it.
Scrap Lady Ally has been busy making me feel guilty too - do pop over to 2 Scrap Ladies and see her second Clockhouse project. Mine is er, coming along. At least with her help, I've got photos sorted.
Today is the day that I was hoping to make my family dress in a toning manner for a photo shoot so that my next mini album would match a particular paper collection. It's not going too well, friends. And we haven't left home to go to my parents to meet siblings and cousins yet. Hmmm. If I wish you a happy and Holy day, will you please wish me a co-ordinated one?

19 comments:

Craft Addicts - Tracy Evans said...

That decoupage card looks great, my Father in-law would love something like that for his birthday in June. Happy Easter to you too, hope you have a fantastic day. Tracy. (www.craftaddicts-tracyevans.blogspot.com).

mckinkle said...

Super vintage card Julia, hope the rest of the family turn up casually coordinated! Im the same as you, I get bothered as there's always someone clashing!!

Happy Easter to you!

Keryn x

Helen said...

You got it!! Great decoupaging there, well done and good luck with everything else you want to get done. Happy Easter.

Hels Sheridan said...

Fab card Julia...loving the way the image is 3D'd...don't worry .. you aint' shocked me out of eating chocolate though...that would take far more than decoupage...however, if you had used peel offs...well, who knows ROFL xx

Anonymous said...

happy co-ordinated easter mrs dunnit! LOVE the card, seriously, LOVE it :)

misteejay said...

Happy Easter. Fab card there.

We have sun too, shining through the rain LOL - should be a rainbow somewhere near.

Toni :o)

Kaz said...

Good luck for the photos - hope there were no grumpy faces due to wearing coordinating clothes!
Fab card for the age too xx

Ann said...

Co-ordinating the family's clothes to match patterned paper? I'm shocked Julia!
I thought my taking photos just to have something to scrap was bad enough.
I know where my family would tell me to go if I tried to tell them what to wear as well ;)

Pam said...

Fab card. Hope the photo session goes well!!
Hugs Pam

Unknown said...

I am laughing out loud ... now here is a woman that takes her crafting seriously ... a family day out with coordinating clothes make perfect sense ... but to match the paper *LOL*
Send those un-coordinating rellies my way ... I will point out the finer points of doing as one has been told :0)

Paige said...

No Choccy eggs here in our house, although we did have a rather scrummy bacon and Egg roll each this morning for bruch :) Loving that Card!! I agree it's very "Enid" ;) hope that the family toning turned out as required ;)

Penni said...

Oh yes, definitely fine as it is no additions necessary here.

Happy Easter.

Hugs
Penni
X

Create With Joy said...

Happy co-ordinated Easter to you my dear friend!

Hugs
Ramona
http://create-with-joy.blogspot.com

Sheilagh said...

I love that card:o)

Hope you got the photo's you wanted...colour
co-ordinated, I can see my family doing that one for me...

Handmade with Love said...

Fantastic card, I'm sure grandpa Dunnit will love it! Have a fantasticly co-ordinated easter! Tracey x

Liverpool Lou (Anne) said...

Wishing you a happy and co-ordinated day Julia - rather late now, so I suppose I should have said I hope you have a ...................
The card is ideal :)
Anne xx

Unknown said...

That is a cracking card Julia - love it loads. Spot on - Mr Dunnit is right - it doesn;t need any more (Maybe he is taking more interest in your creations than you credit him for!!!)

i'm interested in which DP's your family are having to co-ordinate with - would it be something from a Basic Grey collection by any chance???

Happy Easter.

Paula x x x x

Jennie -The Artistic Stamper said...

Love the Enid Blyton card, very errr ummmm Enid Blyton..lol
Happy Easter to you and yours.

Linby said...

fab vintage card-really like it.
Linbyx